Phil. 4:6- “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything but in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition definite request with thanksgiving continue to make your wants known to God” amp
Worry is like a plaque to a believer or non-believe; some people think they can’t help it, they think it’s inherited; but am telling you- You started it and you can stop it.
Dictionary describe worry as
- Mental distress or agitation resulting from concern usually for something impending or anticipated.
- To touch or to disturb something repeatedly.
- To subject to persistent or nagging attention or effort.
Worry is being overtaken with; being in anxiety. Some bibles use fret or anxiety same as worry.
Wurgen- word for worry in German means to strangle or choke; what worry does is to strangle or choke your energy, joy or life out of you.
Where does it come from?
“A wholesome tongue is a tree of life but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit” Pr.15:4
When there is perverseness in your tongue there is a breach in the spirit- there is a gap made in the wall so to speak.
- Breach means a violation of a law. When there is perverseness, you have violated something in the spirit realm.
- Perverse means to turn away from what is right and good; to go contrary to the evidence or the direction of the judge on the point of law. If you are perverse in your speech, that means you have just gone contrary to the law.
The law that we are supposed to live by is the law of the word and our judge goes in the direction of God’s word, in the direction of grace, in the direction of what Jesus has done for us, so if you are perverse in your speech, that means you have gone contrary to the direction that God is going, and by your doing that you have created a violation in the realm of the spirit.
“Better is a poor that walketh in his integrity than he that is perverse in his lips and is a fool” Pr. 19:1. A person that is perverse in his/her lips and go contrary to the direction that the law giver, the judge, the judge of our lives is going is a fool.
What is this foolishness? It is the perverseness of his way; this foolishness has to do with his speech that has gone contrary to the law, his word that has gone contrary to the evidence that he has which is the word of God.