FACEBOOK: Christ Chapel International Churches, Ashi-Bodija, Ibadan
YOUTUBE: Christ Chapel Ashi Ibadan
It is our belief in Christ Chapel that it is up to the Church to pray God’s will into the earth because Jesus says: “I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of heaven”. (Matthew 16:18-19). Jesus has given us the authority to release His will on earth through prayer.
Therefore I say stop being perpetually anxious and worried about your life, what you shall eat, shall drink……….” Matt 6:24 (amp)
“Do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own sufficient for each day is its own trouble”. Matt 6:34 amp
To combat worry, things to be put in place are
• Fill your life with the word of God. “Let the word of God dwell in you richly….” Col 3:16. This will stop you from speaking contrary to the word. If you find yourself worrying, take the conscious step over any affair, over any matter in life, to go to the word of God, put them in your spirit, speak it to yourself over and over again, it will deal with it.
• Speak right. There is a place for the conscious training of your mouth to speak according to the word of God. Make a conscious effort not to speak words contrary to the report of God. In situations where you do not know what to say, keep silent; it is not every time you have to speak.
• Acknowledge God loves you enough to give you all things. Matt 7.11
• Humble yourself – recognize worry for what it is, it is pride, so humble yourself before God.
• Pray .Turn your worry and your concerns to item of prayer. “Be careful for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, make your request known to God’ Phil. 6:10
• Praise. Turn your worry concern to item of praise. If for every thing you are worrying about, you praise Him, worry will fly out of the window.
If you cannot help worrying, the answer is not in crying, it is not in watching television or engaging in all sorts of distractions; the answer is to do what should be done.- combat it. Worry doesn’t empty tomorrow of it’s sorrow, it empties today of its strength
Lift your worries to heaven; they will not get to God before they burst.